To book a place on workshops, contact Janet on
17th September 2022 at 10 am in St Andrew's Church, Douglas
Quilted Mat Workshop
The idea is to make a heat proof quilted mat using one of the 2 fabric options shown above (they are 10” or 25.5 cm in diameter). You can either try free machine quilting, machine quilting or hand quilting. I will provide the patterned front fabric and heat proof wadding at cost price (£1.60 per kit). When booking the course, please let Janet know which colour you would like (7 of each available), and whether you are hand stitching or machine stitching.
You will need to bring:
• Backing fabric, 14” x 14” to suit the colour option you have chosen and bobbin thread to match if machine stitching.
• Bias binding to suit the colour option chosen.
• Top machine thread or hand quilting thread to suit the colour option chosen – cream would probably be better than white for the
light colour option. A bright variegated thread might also be good.
• Sewing machine, if using.
• Basic sewing kit.
• Fabric scissors
• Packed lunch. Tea and coffee is provided.